Connect with us

Breaking News

Andrew arrest – latest: Met Police contacting ex-prince’s protection officers

Published

on


Detectives have urged Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s former close protection officers to “consider carefully whether anything they saw or heard” is relevant to their investigation into paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein and his associates.

On Friday, the Metropolitan Police said no new reports of alleged sexual offences had been made since the release of millions of pages of documents related to Epstein by the US Department of Justice.

The Met’s words follow Andrew’s arrest on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office, which saw him held in custody for 11 hours before being released under investigation as part of a separate inquiry.

The Met Police previously said it was looking into allegations Andrew’s protection officers turned a “blind eye” to his visits to Epstein’s island, Little St James.

On Friday, police searches remained underway at Andrew’s former Royal Lodge home on the Windsor estate. These are expected to continue until Monday.

Andrew was held in custody for most of Thursday. He was then pictured slouched in the back of a vehicle last night as he left Aylsham police station in Norfolk on Thursday night after being released.

Emails released in recent weeks by the US Department of Justice appeared to show the former duke sharing reports of official visits with Epstein when he was a UK trade envoy.

Andrew has consistently denied all claims made against him in relation to Epstein.

Yahoo has paused its live coverage of this story. For the latest developments, visit our homepage:

Live coverage is over79 updates



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *